Located on the amazing Perth coastline, Sodashi’s headquarters overlooks the stunning Indian Ocean – a dreamy and fitting location to manage an all natural skincare brand.
Sodashi was founded 19 years ago in Western Australia, by Megan Larsen. With a unique background in aesthetics, aromatherapy, Ayurveda, transcendental meditation, biochemistry and natural healthcare, Megan found it difficult to find products on the market that met her needs and so set about making her own skincare range.
Sodashi was born. There was never any room for compromise with the brand. It was 100% natural or nothing from the beginning.
I personally tried Sodashi products several years ago and that’s when I first fell in love with this amazing range - not only because you see relatively immediate results from using their products, but also because of how you feel when you use them. It’s really a holistic, sensory experience.
Since The Beauty Edit’s conception I have been lucky enough to learn more about the Sodashi brand following official training with the lovely Zoe - Sodashi's Training Co-ordinator . I can now say I have really delved into this incredible line of luxurious, high performance skincare and have a totally new level of appreciation for their products.
To give you a quick snapshot of what I’ve learned:
- Sodashi use cold pressed botanicals oils to formulate their products, to preserve the nutrients and enzymes and ensure maximum nutritional content of their treatments.
- They only use the best of the best when it comes to ingredients. Sourcing their Lavender Oil, from the South of France (where lavender originates) and Sandalwood from Western Australia. This means that the highest grade, most potent ingredients are hitting your skin - how good is that?
- The clays used in their masks and cleansers are exactly as nature intended. Extracted from organic grounds in the South of France and Australia, they are carefully sun dried to preserve the clays mineral and vibrational qualities.
- The unique formulas smell light, clean and botanical because they are formulated using the purest therapeutic botanical extracts. The subtle natural aromas and delicate textures make them irresistible to touch and smell.
- Sodashi’s glow-inducing skincare delivers immediate and ongoing results.
- Sodashi is safe enough for our daughters, women who are pregnant and powerful enough for those of us seeing the effects of time.
- For those wanting a more active approach to skin care, Sodashi also offer a powerful anti-ageing range called Samadara. Instantly brightening and firming, these nourishing treatments visibly smooth fine lines and wrinkles, whilst an abundance of antioxidants defend the skin against future damage. Like all Sodashi products the Samadara range is free of any synthetic ingredients and is not tested on animals.
Perhaps what I appreciate the most about Sodashi is that even though it seems like a large, organic skincare brand in the “green” beauty industry they still provide a small-batch approach to beauty; each product is lovingly crafted on their own premises and each batch is a one off production. There is no compromise on the ingredients; they guarantee what goes in and importantly what stays out.
Who would have thought that Megan would come up with an all clean skincare brand back in the early 1990’s - I still can’t believe a brand as innovative as this started nearly 20 years ago!
Today Sodashi is stocked in over 25 countries. Growing to be an internationally recognised brand, the products are also stocked at the acclaimed Four Seasons Hotel George V in Paris, Emirates One & Only Resorts and onboard all Emirates Private Jets in amenities kits for passengers.
Try Sodashi I promise you won’t be disappointed!
As The Beauty Edit is based in Perth, Western Australia, we replenish our stock every week so you get the freshest product available.